The dice table is one of the most iconic pieces of casino equipment, and its use can be seen in a wide variety of popular games. If you have ever played craps or roulette in a casino, then you are probably familiar with the use of this gaming device.
Getting Started with Dice
Craps is a casino dice game that has a lot of action and strategy, both with money and dice.
In order to understand how to play craps in a casino, the player first needs to understand the staff at the craps table and where they are located. The most common personnel at the casino dice table include dealers, boxers, and stickers.
The boxer is in charge of the dice table and is the direct supervisor of the entire game. The Supervisor is also responsible for the chips and must resolve any disputes between dealers and players.
The dealer to the right of the boxer is the 2nd base dealer. Any dice player on this side of the game is on the 2nd base side. The key way to remember this is to look at the field. On 2nd base, the number two on the field is furthest away from the boxer.
The dealer to the left of the boxer is the 3rd base dealer. Any dice player on this side of the game is at 3rd base. The key way to remember this is to look at the field. On 3rd base, the number twelve on the field is furthest away from the boxer (1 2 3rd base).
A croupier who moves the dice with a stick with a long hook is called a croupier. The stickper is located in the center of the table, opposite the boxer.
If a player plays “straight”, he is located in the middle of the table on both sides.
Supervisors use the color of the player’s clothing as well as the player’s position to determine the player for ranking.
The game of dice has many exciting aspects. The essence of the game of craps is to roll a number (point) with two dice, and then roll the same number again before a seven falls out. The person at the dice table who rolls the dice is called the “shooter”.
When there is a number marked with “washers”, it means that the number is the “point” of the game. This is the number the shooter tries to make up to seven throws.
If the point is scored, the puck is “off” and the player shoots again. Now it’s an “exit roll”. An “exit roll” means that it is the start of the game and the point has not been set.
If the next number that comes up is 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10, then this is the meaning of the game. The shooter again tries to shoot at the point before seven. If there are seven throws to the point, we call it “seven out”. The shooter loses control of the dice and we pass the die to the next shooter.
The new shooter scores a point and then attempts to score to a seven just like the previous shooter.
Types of bets in craps
In craps, the most common bets in craps are passing line, place bets, hard ways and craps and eleven. Below are a few betting conditions that you should be familiar with when playing craps.
- Pass Line Bet: Players bet that on the first roll 7 or 11 rolls will come up for a win, 2, 3 or 12 will lose. If a number such as: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 is rolled, the number must repeat up to seven to win.
- Don’t Pass Bet: The player is betting that the first roll will result in 2 or 3 rolls, 12 is a push, 7 or 11 is a loss. If a number such as: 4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10 falls out, a seven must fall before repeating the number.
- Come Bet: Similar to the Pass Line bet, the same rules apply. This is a game within a game.
- Don’t Come Bet: Similar to Don’t Pass bet, same rules apply. This is a game within a game.
- Bet on the field: if any of the numbers in the field falls out, the player wins. A field bet may also be referred to as a “ONE ROLL BET”.
- Place a bet: bets placed on point numbers (4, 5, 6, 8, 9 or 10) that are not contract bets. The “Place” bet is considered “off” on the exit roll, unless the player specifies otherwise.
- Proposition Bet: A single roll bet on the numbers 2, 3, 7, 11 and 12.
Crap tables are incredibly versatile designs that can really help turn any space into a fun and cozy game room for any occasion. Not only do they provide an interesting aesthetic, but the convenience of a large dice table also allows more players to come together and enjoy each other’s company and camaraderie while playing.